Super & Exciting Deal- Get Rs. 2000 Instant Cashback
Travel between 1 Jan. 2020 to 31 March 2020 and get ultimate deals & offers.
Jolly Buoy Island
Jolly buoy island is very famous for underwater corals and the pristine clear beach. This place is one hour journey from Wandoor beach. Visitors can enjoy the underwater coral view through snorkeling or glass bottom boat. As a standard trip, while getting down from the ship and transferring to the island through small boats, visitors will be taken through a ride and will be shown these underwater corals through glass bottom, snorkeling is usually included in this trip. Though this is only for a very short duration (5 to 10 minutes). People willing to see more of these can hire a boat independently and enjoy. The additional amount has to be paid for each ride for 30 to 45 minutes.
Jolly buoy is a No Plastic zone. Before leaving to Jolly buoy island, people have to submit the list of all plastic items at Wandoor beach. They have to deposit a security amount of INR 100 against each plastic item. They will get the amount back after returning against producing the same items. The additional amount is also to be paid for each still and video camera.
There is no proper place for changing the dress, especially for ladies and kids. Take care of your belongings while you are enjoying in the sea by keeping a person escorting your items. There is no shelter to take care of yourself during the rainy season. So avoid going to this place during rainy days. Carry some Newspapers or bed sheets which will help in relaxing in this place while sitting and also for taking food. Don’t forget to clean the place and collect all wastages and put it in a waste box or cover and bring these back.
How to reach Jolly Buoy Island?
To reach Jolly buoy island people have to come to Wandoor beach. This is located in Mahatma Gandhi National Park. Wandoor beach is 30 Kms from Port Blair by road. This route is the same for visiting Red Skin island also. Both Jolly buoy and Red skin are located at Mahatma Gandhi National park. The normal time leaving to Jolly buoy island at Wandoor beach is 9.00am. Make sure to reach Wandoor beach before 9.00am. All the ships leave at the same time and come back together.
Things to keep in mind if planning to visit Jolly Buoy-
- The trip to Jolly Buoy Island will not be available on Mondays.
- Jolly Bouy Island is opened only for 6 months in a year, from November to April. When Jolly Bouy island is closed, Red Skin Island opens.
- Do not carry seashells unless specific permits are obtained from the Fisheries Department.
- Do not light fire in forest areas
- Do not stay on the beaches or forest during nights by putting up down tents/hammocks.
- Do not enter restricted/ prohibited areas.
- Carrying plastic bags, bottles are strictly prohibited at Jolly Buoy Island. You will have to exchange the plastic bottles and bags at a Govt. Outlet in Wandoor Jetty.